Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Scratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

I`ve been building this for the last year, figure since I`m a member here, this would be a good place to share some pics. Some of you have probally seen the WIP pics from other sites.

Here's some images of the start of the details for the domes. I glued the domes to some pieces of rod,

I added some smaller rod and tappered the bottom half of the dome with some A+B epoxy putty,

some more details to the base

For the inner struts, I took the same approach as I did with the crane for the main hanger, I made a pattern and cut and glued the struts together on top of it.

Here's one inner strut glued to the left side

The rest of them

Here's a couple more...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg supstructure17.jpg (165.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Scratchy; 02-19-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

Fantastic work scratchy! Thanks for posting!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:29 AM

Scratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the roughScratchy is a jewel in the rough

Here's some old pics of the build....

Old 01-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Looks like a neural net !! Very fine intricate work!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:33 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Very cool work. The Shield generators looks great like made of a machine. And Man the Hangar! I love it!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:23 AM

frostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the roughfrostrubin is a jewel in the rough

Wow! Unbelievable work on details and lights. Are there Lambda-shuttles in the hangar?

www.frostrubin.deviantart.com
Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Looks like a neural net !! Very fine intricate work!
Thanks 777!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Yes! Very cool work. The Shield generators looks great like made of a machine. And Man the Hangar! I love it!
Thanks for the kind words Hackcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostrubin View Post
Wow! Unbelievable work on details and lights. Are there Lambda-shuttles in the hangar?
Yes, I have two Sentinal Landing Craft, five AT-ATs, one AT-ST....a TIE Bomber hanging from the ceiling and one shuttle in the main hanger.

Across the way, there are 16 TIEs hanging from the ceiling in the hanger opposite. In the small hanger is another Imperial Shuttle.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Simply infuckincredible!

Here's another build loaded with details all done to scale with overall cohesiveness that separates the builders/masters among us from those who might wanna but really can't.

Carry on itch challenged one, carry on!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Crash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to behold

OMG That is an incredible piece of work, I canít believe the level of detail at that scaleÖ Iíll stop whinging about working in 1/72 scale now then
Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

That's some pretty spectacular and breath-taking work, I have to say.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R L Bleecker View Post
That's some pretty spectacular and breath-taking work, I have to say.
Thank you R L Bleecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash&Bern View Post
OMG That is an incredible piece of work, I canít believe the level of detail at that scaleÖ Iíll stop whinging about working in 1/72 scale now then
Thanks for the kind words Crash&Bern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Simply infuckincredible!

Here's another build loaded with details all done to scale with overall cohesiveness that separates the builders/masters among us from those who might wanna but really can't.

Carry on itch challenged one, carry on!
Your words are far too kind DarthDuck

Thank you everyone, I'm glad that you approve of the build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3065.JPG (566.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Ne Jabba no Barter

JediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enough

Is that little lambdas I see in the hangar ? Incredible craftsmanship!

I wanna - but I cant ... yet
Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediPuju View Post
Is that little lambdas I see in the hangar ? Incredible craftsmanship!

I wanna - but I cant ... yet
Those ships to the left are the Sentinal landing craft, the lambda shuttle is on the right, around the corner. Thanks for the kind words JediPuju.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Here's some old WIP pics from last year, some are a little fuzzy

Here is a shot of the main Ordinance Hanger, there are five AT-ATs, one AT-ST, a TIE Bomber hanging from the ceiling in the back (the black girders), two Sentinal Landing Craft, and a Lambda Shuttle.

This is a pick of the small hanger, and another shuttle is in this hanger.

Before I started the build, I made the decision to have the all the small vehicles "fit" into the hangers. So I built the vehicles to scale and adjusted the openings when I built the hangers.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

AW FUCK!

Further unbelievable goodness!